Image from Photo by Sengchoy Int on Canva
Did you know?
- Giggers or freelancers earn $28 per hour on average for performing skilled services
- Gigging is expected to grow by 14 percent over the next 6 years
- There are an estimated 1.2 billion gig workers worldwide. That’s more than 34% of the global workforce!
- A large number of major international companies are turning to gig platforms for project-based work and longer-term contracts
- Small businesses stand to benefit the most from the low overhead that gig work provides. Half of small businesses have used a gigger in the last 3 months, and 81% intend to do so again or at some point in the future
- Demand for giggers increased during the global COVID-19 pandemic, as traditional offices closed and full-time employees were furloughed